September 24, 2020:
Good Evening TCE Families!
I hope it has been a good week for all families. Mid-quarter Progress Reports were made available on Tuesday. If you have not done so already, please take a few minutes to review the report with your child. If you have a question regarding your child’s progress report please reach out to your classroom teacher. Parents in 3rd, 4th, or 5th grade who need help accessing Parent Portal so they can view current grades can contact the front office for assistance.
During the month of October, I will host several virtual information sessions (see calendar below for dates and times) to provide updated information and answer questions as prepare for students to return to in-person instruction on November 2nd. Families should have received information from the district regarding which of the three rotations (A/B/C) their child will follow. If you are unsure of your rotation, please reach out to the school. The return date for in-person instruction and the schedule for the first semester is as follows
- Rotation A – Attend the week of November 2nd, week of November 23rd, and week of Dec. 14th
- Rotation B – Attend the week of November 9th and week of November 30th
- Rotation C – Attend the week of November 16 and the week of December 7th
Students enrolled in the Full Remote Academy will not return to in-person instruction in November. Information will be shared in the coming weeks with families on options for moving in or out of the Full Remote Academy for the second semester.
Please join me in congratulations this week’s Eagle Pride winners. Each week we will recognize students from all grade levels for their hard work.
|Student’s Name||Grade Level||Classroom Teacher||Nominated for demonstrating the following characteristics:|
|Ryleigh D||5th||Browne||Creative and Critical Thinker|
|Sidney W||4th||Chapman||Collaborator, Self-Directed/Responsible|
|Michael S||3rd||Domingoes||Effective Communicator, Self-Directed/Responsible, Flexible and Adaptable|
|Skylar G||2nd||Peden||Effective Communicator|
|Dean R||K||Brown||Risk Taker|
Please note that on August 31, 2020, the USDA extended meal program flexibilities to allow schools to serve meals to all students at no charge until December 31, 2020. Beginning in January 2021, school meals will be charged based in the student’s meal benefit status (free, reduced or paid). If needed, families are encouraged to complete a Free and Reduced Meal Benefit Application by clicking HERE.
Reminder, if you have not already completed:
As we have had some time to settle into the new school year, our students and families are expected to read and to review the Student Code of Conduct. You can find it here. Please make sure you pay special attention to Rule 21, which specifically addresses use of school issued technology devices.
After taking the time to review the Code of Conduct, please complete this Google Form here, that acknowledges that you’ve reviewed the Code of Conduct and take the pledge as parents and students to keep our school a safe place to learn. You are required to complete one form per student. Please complete the form by Friday, October 2nd.
Upcoming TCE Important Dates & Events
Please click HERE to access the updated 2020 – 2021 CMS School Calendar.
September 28: No School – Teacher Workday
September 29: Return to School for EP Students Only
October 1: PTA Parent Mixer – 6:00PM
October 1: PTA General Meeting – 6:30PM
October 5-16: Direct Giving Campaign
October 7: Early Release Day – 12:45
October 8: Parent Information Session @ 9:00am (Join Zoom Meeting; Meeting ID: 829 9678 9845 Passcode: 5FrbGQ)
October 8: Parent Information Session @ 6:00pm (Join Zoom Meeting; Meeting ID: 811 6117 1581 Passcode: 4u4vz)
October 16: End of First Quarter
October 19: No School – Teacher Workday
October 22: Parent Information Session @ 9:00am (Join Zoom Meeting; Meeting ID: 857 1252 7431 Passcode: 4QyXXv)
October 22: Parent Information Session @ 6:00pm (Join Zoom Meeting; Meeting ID: 884 9061 8337 Passcode: 9zf8c1)
November 2: K-5 Students Return to In-Person Instruction at TCE following rotation schedule
November 3: Election Day/Teacher Workday – No School for Students
We asked, and you answered! In an effort to help our Eagle village succeed during remote learning, we asked you to reflect on a very important question: “What works for you?“. Thank you for participating and sharing so many tips and tricks, please click HERE to read all the great advice.
Important messages from the TCE PTA:
1. PTA Membership: It’s week #4 of our September Membership Drive and we’re close to wrapping it up! Thank you so much to everyone who has joined so far! Please take a few moments to become a member in just a few clicks for $10 for the year. Bonus, you can now also sign up to volunteer at the same time as purchasing a membership, if you are interested in doing both! AND you can buy new Spirit Wear, truly one stop shopping!
2. Meetings: You’re Invited! Would you like to get to know some other TCE parents?! Please join us on Thursday, October 1st at 6:00 pm for a Parent Mixer via Zoom. Please also stay and join us for our first General Meeting of the year right after at 6:30 pm! All are welcome and we would LOVE to see you there! Join Zoom Meeting (Meeting ID: 861 6929 7003; Passcode: 8Ni7Gp)
3. Box Tops: It’s national Box Tops week! Don’t understand the new Box Tops app?! Theresa is here to help! Watch her video to learn all the tips and tricks and download the app today for extra bonus tops!
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have questions or need assistance.
Have a wonderful evening.
Jason Bissinger, Principal