May 20, 2021:
Good evening TCE families!
Today, we completed the final day of school-wide EOG testing. Our 3rd, 4th, and 5th students did an amazing job, giving their best effort during each test they completed. Our kindergarten, first and second-grade students were also amazing, as they worked hard to keep a quiet testing environment throughout the school. We will wrap up testing next week as we complete a few make-ups.
During the month of June, the staff will work on forming classes for the 2021-2022 school year. As always, we value your input, so we are asking you to take a few minutes to complete the Class Placement Form by clicking HERE. Your input will help us to make the best possible placement for your child. If you have multiple children at TCE, please complete a form for each child. The form will close on May 28th.
Next week, we will collect iPads and Chromebooks from all students. It is important all devices, including charging cords, are returned to the school. See the attachment for more information, including drop-off times for Full Remote Academy students. If you have questions, let us know.
CMS is partnering with local healthcare providers to offer free COVID-19 vaccination clinics at seven CMS schools this Saturday, May 22. Anyone ages 12 or older including students, staff, parents, families and community members may take advantage of this opportunity. See the attachment.
Thursday, March 27th is Titan Pride Day. Wear Titan Gear or Titan colors (navy, Carolina blue, and gray) to show support for Hopewell High School and the Senior Class of 2021. See the attachment.
The Lost and Found at TCE is overflowing with coats, jackets, and numerous other items. If your child has misplaced any items, please ask them to stop by in the Lost and Found, located in the main hallway of the school. All items not claimed by the end of the month will be donated to local charities.
General Information and Resources:
- Charlotte Mecklenburg Library is inviting you to take part and spread the word about our upcoming summer learning program, Summer Break: Read, Learn, Explore. The program runs June 7 to August 14, with pre-registration starting May 17. summerbreak.cmlibrary.org. All ages can participate.
- The most up-to-date StrongSchoolsNC Public Health Toolkit may be accessed here: https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/media/164/download
- Free Social-Emotional Learning Program for K-8 Students:SYDKIMYL Educational Consulting is offering weekly social-emotional support for students in grades K-8.This virtual program takes place after-school and is free of charge. Please see attached flyer for more details.
- Please click HERE for the updated CMS school calendar.
- When your student is unable to be present online or in person for school, a written communication should be sent to the school. To report your students’ absence, please send a written note, contact your teacher, email Mrs. Pizzuti, email@example.com, or use the link on our website under Attendance. If you have questions about your child’s attendance, please let us know.
- It is extremely important families continue to keep us updated if your child is exposed or tests positive for Covid-19. You can call the school, email our school nurse (firstname.lastname@example.org) or email me.
- Daily Symptom Screener – must be completed each day prior to arriving on campus.
- Covid-19 Guidance for Parents & Guardians
May 27 – Titan Pride Day for Hopewell High School (see attachment)
May 28 – Last Day of School for Students
May 28 – Last day to Complete Parent Input Form (link above)
June 7 – Community Night @ Chipotle (4-8pm)
June 20 – Edukit (free shipping ends)
July 27 – Edukit (final order deadline)
Important messages from the TCE PTA:
1. Community Night: The very last Community Night of the year is Monday, June 7 at Chipotle in Birkdale Village! This means a whopping 33% of sales from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. will be donated to TCE! Important – customers must say they’re supporting TCE before placing orders in-person or use this unique code (XDMZD7R) if ordering online for pick-up only (no delivery). Chipotle is an awesome community partner and donates a HUGE percentage of the sales during Community Nights so let’s make this one count!!!
2. EduKit: Order your EduKit HERE and all your school supplies for 2021/2022 will be delivered before school begins. Order by June 20, 2021 for best pricing and free shipping directly to your child’s classroom next year. Extended ordering is available from June 21 – July 27, 2021 for an additional fee and will be delivered to your home shortly before school begins. Be sure to order kits for the grade student(s) will be entering in the 2021/2022 school year.
3. Partner Programs & Donations: Don’t forget you can make an impact while you shop this summer! Simply select TCE for AmazonSmile, Harris Teeter (our number is #5828) and Publix. Please also continue scanning Box Tops (Scanning Box Tops: The New Way To Clip!),every box counts! And finally, turn in your caps to the front office or enter Coca-Cola product codes and caps online at Coca-Cola Give. If you would like to make a monetary donation directly to the TCE PTA to help get us started on the right foot for next year, you can DONATE here. Thank you for your support!
We appreciate your continued support! Have a safe and enjoyable evening.
Jason Bissinger, Principal