Torrence Creek Elementary PTA Presents
“An Evening in the Enchanted Forest”
Saturday, February 4th 6pm-8pm in TCE Gymnasium
Photos will begin at 5:30
Tickets are available for purchase online only at TCEPTA Website
$25 per couple & $15 for each additional daughter (must be TCE student)
Last day for online ticket sales will be Monday, January 30th
Tickets Include professional photograph, DJ, refreshments and a special gift
Contact Aaryn Greer with questions
You may remember our recent announcement that Torrence Creek has been awarded an A+ school status. The School Leadership Team and PTA have partnered with our Administration and Staff to help you understand what this means to our school.
What does being an A+ school mean?
- North Carolina issues letter grades to each school based on:
- Proficiency: Are students performing at or above grade level expectations?
- Growth: How much progress did students make during the school year, regardless of where they started?
- Proficiency accounts for 80% of the grade, while the remaining 20% is based on growth
- To receive an A+ rating, a school must:
- Have at least 85% of students test at or above grade level, and
- Maintain achievement gaps between groups of students (such as racial and income groups) that are no larger than state averages.
How does TCE stack up with other CMS schools?
- TCE was one of only 10 CMS elementary schools to receive an A+ rating for 2015-2016! Only 16 out of 165 schools, system wide, earned an A+ rating. This was made up of 10 elementary schools, 1 middle school, 2 high schools, and 3 charter schools
- 85% of our students tested at or above grade level, and we met all 10, or 100%, of measurable learning growth targets set by the Federal Government
- Low achievement gaps earned our school the + rating designation
- We outperformed many of the other local elementary schools
- As our school has become more diverse, our student achievement has also increased
What else sets TCE apart from other schools?
- The quality of our teachers
- 100% of TCE teachers are fully licensed
- 8% hold advanced degrees
- 8% have more than 4 years of experience, with 55.2% having more than 10 years of experience
- Our staff currently employees the 2015-2016 CMS District Teacher Assistant of the Year and the 2015-2016 CMS North Learning Community Principal of the Year
- Access to technology – The TCE PTA is working toward 1:1 ratio of digital devices per student
- Our school is one of 6 CMS schools participating in the Cambridge International Program at the 4th and 5th grade level. This offers an academically rigorous curriculum that emphasizes critical thinking skills and inquiry based learning. 100% of the TCE students participating in Cambridge during 2015-2016 scored at the silver or gold levels on the Cambridge Progression Exams.
- Our positive school climate and mission to serve the WHOLE child
TCE Direct Give Campaign
Last year’s campaign allowed us to purchase 42 Chromebooks, 42 Chromebook cases, 2 blackbox carts, and Google Chromebook Management. Access to digital tools such as these will truly enhance our classroom learning environments, while also preparing our students to succeed in our rapidly changing world.
Your donations will also be used thoughtfully to help sponsor academic enrichment programs, family events, teacher stipends and other extras that make Torrence Creek “home” to our students.
To make your donation please visit the Online Store. You may also wish to check our Company Matching List to see if your employer is listed and can double your donation.
TCE Receives A+ Rating
TCE is thrilled to achieve an A+ school rating. The state of North Carolina recognized TCE’s hard work throughout the 2015-2016 school year. Last year was an outstanding year for our school in many ways and we could not be more proud of our school community! For more information about NC school ratings, please click on the link below.
Purchase your Student Agenda & ParentSquare
TCE Student Agenda & ParentSquare can be purchased online by selecting the link below.
Student Agenda & ParentSquare
You may also wish to join the Torrence Creek PTA. Select the link below to join.